Friday, May 29, 2009

Nightmare!

Well my time has come. I got laid off! I joined the banwagon of thousands of Americans that have lost their job. Not too proud of it. I knew the time was coming soon since I work for a construction company and things aren't looking that great for construction. Although, I knew my days were close to being counted, I didn't want to look for another job because I wanted my nice little check that came along with a lay off versus no check with a quit. Get it? So when my boss called me into his office today, I already knew what he was going to tell me. I cried like a sucker! I have never gotten fired or laid off in my life. I felt rejected. I have been with this company for about 5 years so my office was like my little home. I had soooo many personal things in there. It took a while to clean out my office but my friend helped me. I cried some more. and some more. and then some more. And then once I called my hubby, I cried more. When I saw him and he hugged me, I cried even more. I was a crying mess!!! lol. But I feel so much better because I of course have to look at the bright side of things. Now this opens the door of opportunity for me to get a job in my field. I have a degree in Psychology and I am not using it. I needed that push to get out of my comfort zone and start my new life. :)

15 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Hang in there! You are in my prayers!

Tina said...

Sorry to hear about your job loss...I know we all get use to the same things and change is hard.

Good luck and I'm sure something better will come along!

Katy said...

I'm sorry, honey.

I'm praying for you.

He & Me + 3 said...

OH man...that totally stinks. I hope that you are able to pursue your field of pyschology. That is what I wanted to go into but then switched to education. Now I am a stay at home mom. :)

bearer of three said...

I am so sorry you lost your job. But pyschology is a great field to start working in! I wish you the best in your quest for a new job

Alicia said...

Aaaawwww Man! That stinks! I'm so sorry! DH got laid off the end of last year... NOT a good feeling. But you will pull through. And I absolutely agree that opportunities are just waiting for you! Hang in there! And Good Luck!

mrs.erika said...

I am sorry to hear that Johanna. But you have the right attitude. This will just open a new door for you. I wish you lots of luck and the Lord's blessings. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I saw your comment at He and Me plus 3 and your little picture looked so adorable I wanted to come over and say hi! I am so sorry about your job! I can't imagine how stressful that would be! I love your attitude though! Now you can get a job in your field.

Eli said...

Keep your head up. Remember that things happen for a reason. Good luck with the search and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Lindsey said...

Oh friend, I'm so sorry. Prayers and hugs!!!

Jen said...

Ay hun that totally stinks! I think you learned from your hubbys experience that everything happens for a reason right? Lots and lots of happy job dust hunting to you and good Luck! Who knows...maybe this is the start of something new? Just want to let you know im here if you need an internet buddy. You know I went through the same thing with my husband so I can relate. ::hugs::

Jen said...

ps- I left you a little something on my blog!

d.a.r. said...

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry!!! Hang in there, I'm praying for you.

♥ karla michelle ♥ said...

I love you my friend, i'm sorry to read the news so much later after it happend. I do hope you continue to write your inspirational blog reports and keep us all up to date!!

PS. Don't worry we can totally re-hash the whole thing over birthday drinks next week! uh, oh, I'm getting younger... haha yeah right! xoxo ily! smile!!

Mrs. J L said...

Thank you ladies!!! :)

Karla def. bday drinks next week! ily more! xoxo