Monday, May 18, 2009

Friend Making Monday

Yay! It's back on today. There was none last week BUT this week we are back and running. I have been joining in on the fun for a few weeks now and I have to admit, I have made some pretty amazing online/blog friends. Thanks Ladies!!!! And thanks to Kasey over at All that is good for making it ALL happen!!! :)

If you want to know what it's all about, check out the rules HERE.

Today's task: Copy and paste these questions to your blog and give them your own answers.

  1. You wouldn't be caught dead where?: anywhere that makes me feel uncomfortable or grossed out.
  2. Do you have any hidden talents?: if I do...they are so hidden that I don't even know.
  3. Name two things you consider yourself to be very good at: planning events & finding a quick solution to any problem or situation.
  4. Name two things you consider yourself to be very bad at: complicated math & science. yuk! To think, I use to love it in high school.
  5. Have you ever won a trophy?: Yes. I have won a few in dance and when I was in the honor roll in school.
  6. Name one thing not many people know about you: I actually enjoy cleaning my house. lol. I know it sounds funny and most people hate it but I really like it. I put on some good music and take care of business. I don't take very long so maybe that's why I enjoy it.
  7. Name your earliest memory: My first birthday party. It was held at a nearby park. I remember being carried in by my mom. I remember I was wearing a pretty dress. And I remember it was Strawberry Shortcake theme.
  8. What was your favorite musical group in jr. high?: Normally I have a ton of favorites, I guess during those times my favorites consisted of Janet Jackson or Mariah Carey.
  9. What was something the worst roommate you ever had did?: I have never lived outside of my parents house till the day I got married to my husband. I have always had my own room and bathroom. And my husband is great to live with. He is picky about the same things as me so its helpful for me since he is not a mess and he picks up after himself.
  10. When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?: a pediatrician or a teacher. I wanted to basically do anything that dealt with children and helping them. And that's exactly what I am working on doing. I am getting my Masters in Mental Health Counseling and Family & Marriage Therapy. I want to mostly deal with children. Also, I want to help parents be better parents to their children.
  11. What was your worst dating experience?: I had met a guy online but it so happened that he was my cousins childhood friend. I had never met anyone online because I was always skeptical but since he knew my cousin, I thought it was okay. I called my cousin and everything to make sure that this guy wasn't a psycho. lol. Well anyways after months of chatting online and on the phone...we planned on going out. We met up. When I saw him, he wasn't that bad. He was just VERY short & VERY shy. He wouldn't talk. He VERY boring. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I continued talking to him. Over the phone, he seemed super sweet and cool but in person "my goodness" totally differently person. We did form a friendship but he made me feel really awkward whenever we would hang out so our friendship faded fast. My cousin still had a kick out of it till this day because that the guy was like that with everyone. Poor guy.
  12. If you were about to die what would your last meal be?: how morbid. I try not to think of such things so I have no idea. I guess whatever I am craving or my favorite meal.
  13. Who is the most important person in you life?: I am going to cheat on this one because I can't only name one. SORRY! My husband & my immediate family!
  14. If your house was on fire what 3 things would you grab on your way out?: My husband would be grabbing me out. So I would take our Johnny, ALL our pictures (this includes: laptop, scrapbooks, albums), a plastic bin I have with ALL our important stuff in it.

15 comments:

Brandi said...

Great post. I think it's awesome that you want to help childern.

Aartee said...

great post! I would probably grab all out pictures also!

McMrs said...

Great blog you have here!
Love your answers!

Jenny said...

Good post, interesting blog, what a good idea this is!

Leah said...

Great answers. I love your blog. Very cute. :)

Lindsey said...

Fun post - I enjoyed learning more about you!

Lins said...

Online dating can be tricky! The one date I went on that I met on Match.com turned out much the same. Waaaaay different in person!

Happy FMM! Fun answers!

Shawn said...

Love your list!

I had a date like that once too. I resembled him to a piece of dry toast!

Thanks for becoming a follower of Seriously, I'll be back!

Tina said...

I agree....after my family I would be grabbing my pictures!

Cute blog....

Happy FMF Day!

J.J. said...

That is a wonderful first memory!

Nice career choice to!!

Have a great Monday!

He & Me + 3 said...

I love this meme and getting to know everyone better. Great answers. I dont' know what meal I would ask for either.

bearer of three said...

great post i too would like to help kids i work with adults now but once im a Registered nurse maybe i will go into pediatrics

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Happy FMM! Good list. So sad about the guy you met online. Hopefully as he got older he became a little more outgoing.

XOXO
Jen

Tanielle said...

I love what you are going to do for a profession!!! How amazing!!! Not everyone can do that!

Great list!

momma said...

happy fmm!