Monday, May 4, 2009

Friend Making Mondays

Today Amber over at aefilkins is hosting the Friend Making Monday. Today it's all about 5 toys that remind you of your childhood. Her blog is adorable, check it out and join in on the fun! :) If you do not know what all the fuss is about on Mondays...check out the way it works HERE.

My 5 toys that remind my childhood (80's child) are:
1. Strawberry Shortcake. I still have her and the kitty. AND guess what? they still smell like strawberries. lol. I have had these 2 for about 26 years.
2. My little Pony. I use to own a million of these. I loved brushing their hair and playing with them. I probably have one or two saved. 3. Barbie. Ah my best friends Barbie and Ken...and Skipper too. I had ALL of them! I loved my Barbies till I was probably 12 years old. I think I gave most of them away to a cousin or something because I haven't seen these in a while. Who knows...maybe my grandma has them saved for me too. :)

4. Cabbage Patch. My babies. lol. I think I had this same EXACT one (in the picture below). One of my favorite too. This one I know for sure I do not have saved. Sad to because I LOVED my doll sooo much.
5. Nintendo. I can't leave that out. I played my Nintendo so much! Mario, Tetris, Zelda, etc. We use to have competitions with all the neighborhood kids. It was so much fun! I also think that my grandma has this thing saved somewhere in her archives for me. lol.
Besides these toys...I too LOVED playing outside. I think a lot more than any of my sisters or brother have in their lifetime. Back then we were allowed to play in our front yards, play hide and go seek with all the kids from the block, etc. I can honestly say I enjoyed my childhood days to the fullest!!! :)
That was so much fun...it brought back so many memories. Don't forget if you have never joined in on Friend Making Mondays, you are more than welcomed. It's ALOT of fun & you make some pretty amazing friends!!! :)

20 comments:

Jen said...

Strawberry Shortcake really did smell delicious! I'm jealous that you still have yours.

onegirliegirl said...

Funny how some of these never really seemed to go away :)

Loved the list!!

xoxo ~Lisa

Jessica said...

I loved my barbies and still have most of them tucked away! Skipper was one of my favs :)

Xazmin said...

Awsome list! Don't you wish Strawberry Shortcake still looked like she did back in the day? I hate all the new "made over" classic toys!

We ahd some good toys back then!

Vashti said...

That barbie that you have the photo of is Rock Star Barbie...I had one! It was the only barbie i had , I didnt like barbie cause she had blonde hair and I had brown.
I also LOVE the Strawberry Shortcake smell....YUM!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Good list! I loved the way those Strawberry Shortcake dolls smelled. Mmmm.

XOXO
jen

Rhonda said...

Hi, I agree it brought back so many great memories. That is so cool you still have your Strawberry Shortcake and it still smells!

Have a great week!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I was big on the playing outside too. I don't understand why there are days that I have to push my kids outside....

Carol Kennon said...

Enjoyed your list. I still have my Strawberry Shortcake doll packed away with many other things I kept from the good ole days.

Becca @ The Texas Darlings said...

I loved my Strawberry Shortcake too!

ANd I played outside as much as I could! With my Barbies, and SS and simon.....

Have a super week!

~Becca

Jessica said...

Barbie & Nintendo! Two of my favorites, and until today, one of them I totally forgot about!

Great post!

Sugarplum Garters said...

I can't believe that your Strawberry Shortcake still smells! That's crazy! :o)

Great list!

Have a fabulous week!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I use to have all those!

Amber Filkins said...

GREAT list!! It's so great to meet you!!

Love your blog!

jennykate77 said...

Strawberry Shortcake was one of my favs too...along w/ Barbie, My Little Pony, and CBKs! Tetris is my FAVORITE game still today! I have a gameboy and I love to play that on there, and I have it downloaded to my phone. I kick butt at Tetris. hehe. :) Great list!

Hope you have a wonderful week!

AndreaLeigh said...

i had strawberry shortcake sheets and they smelled like strawberries. loved them!

Tanielle said...

Oh the good old strawberry shortcake!!! Those toys were the best!!! Have a great night!

Lins said...

Playing outside was always he greatest! Good list...first week on FMM so I'm sure I'll be seeing your blog again!

Lins @ goodbyemartha.blogspot.com

Christie in Dallas, TX said...

The funny thing is that my 7 year old plays with most of these toys now -- all classics. Fun list!

Jen said...

Omg I used to LOOOVE Cabbage patch kids! lol