Friday, May 15, 2009

Some Good & Bad News

Being the optimist person that I am, I always tend to see the bright side of things. I have some good news to share and just one bad news. None the less it is still bad news. BUT the rainbow has already came out and the rain will hopefully stop coming down. OK first I will mention the bad news and then I will mention ALL the good news...that way you won't end my post with a frown, instead you will end it with a smile.

BAD news: My hubby got laid off yesterday! Yup! The company he works for has been really slow for the past year. He works for a construction company and well we all know how bad construction has been hit with this economy. The company I work for works directly with them so I know how bad it is, especially since I work in the accounting department and I see the numbers. He worked for them for about 3 1/2 years. I am not going to lie when he first told me the news, I thought he was joking. I never thought it would happen to us. Tears came down my face as I told my mom and my father in law. As my hubby came back into my office and noticed that I was crying, he told me to stop crying that everything was going to be fine, to trust him. For a second, I hated the company he worked for and everyone there. But then I started thinking...that's where we first met. I thank God that he did work there because I met the man of my dreams and we are now happily married. I do not hate them, I thank them for bringing us together and for making him last as long he could in that great position he had. I'm sad, I'm hurt that we will no longer work together but everything happens for a reason....and the reason is now in my good news! :)

GOOD news: The minute my husband got laid off yesterday, he called my aunt's husband. We always had a plan B. He didn't even hesitate. He didn't even have his severance check and he was already getting another job. That's one of the many qualities that made me fall in love him. He has so much determination, positive, strong will, and he is an extremely hard worker. He left the company with his head held high and off to train in another job that same EXACT day! I still can't believe how fast things got taken care off, I thank God that he was there every step of the way and he is continuing to push my husband forward. In this new job that he will officially start on Monday, he will be getting paid a lot more. So that's definitely even more good news!

And for more good news...IT'S FRIDAY!!!! It's Pay day!!!! We are going on a date tonight to celebrate all the good news & I know it's going to be a WONDERFUL weekend!!!

I wish ALL of you a wonderful weekend full of smiles, laugh and rest!!! :)

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Well I think that the good news out weighs the bad. That is awesome that another job was there for him. TGIF my friend.

Jen said...

I'm so sorry to hear that but so happy that he got such an amazing opportunity right away. Girl, hang in there. I can totally relate. My husband got laid off from his law firm a couple of months ago. It was a huuuuge blow to our ego. An attorney of all things. It was hard, and he found a new job that he loves dearly, even if it is not law. Things happen for a reason. XOXO

Leslee said...

Wow! God always has a plan! Sounds like the bad news turned into wonderful news! Congrats!

bearer of three said...

This is great...when one door closes the other one opens right up!!! i am so happy for ya..good comes to good people...Have fun tonight on your date

Eli said...

Wow. Glad to hear he found something else so quickly. Everything happens for a reason.