Saturday, May 2, 2009

I've been


By my dear blog friend Eli over at Living Loving and Everything In Between. If you have never checked out her blog...check it out! :)

Here are the rules for this tag:
1. Go to the photo folder in your computer.
2. Go to the seventh folder of photos.
3. Go to the seventh picture.
4. Put the picture on your blog along with a description of it.
5. Invite seven friends to join the challenge.

My seventh picture in my seventh folder of my computer is...Description: This picture was taken on February 16th 2007. in Gatlinburg, TN. Mr. JL and I were only dating at the time. We went on our first over night road trip to TN. My aunt has a cabin there so we planned ahead to stay there during Valentine's Weekend. We left on Valentine's night and drove over there. It took us about 14 hours. It was an awesome road trip. We took so many pictures, talked so much, and laughed even more. It was definitely a trip we will never forget. Neither of us had ever seen snow so sure enough we were both hoping it would snow while we were there. It was cold but it didn't snow till the last day. And boy did it snow!!! lol. My aunt's cabin is on a high mountain on stilts. Put it this way...it snowed so much and us Miamian's had never experienced this so we were not prepared. Ha! We couldn't make it up the mountain and it was night time. I am talking about PITCH black...something you only see in movies. It was scary! WE had to walk up the mountain and leave the car down below. We were freezing and I was crying. lol. But we made up...we were only about one mile away from the cabin. It doesn't sound like that far but when you combine snow, freezing temperature, animals in the woods making noise...it was the longest one mile in my life. The next day Mr. JL got chains for our tires and took care of the matter. We were able to stay an extra day and it was like I said the BEST trip ever! Soooo many memories and soooo many stories.

Now I tag:
1. Just another day in paradise
2. Mangonett
3. Learning to be a Wife
4. Off the Beaten Path
and anyone else who wants to participate! Have fun!!!

5 comments:

AndreaLeigh said...

what a great picture! love it.

Xazmin said...

What an adorable picture! Where I'm from we've had snow as recently as 2 weeks ago! It's beautiful and sunny now though.

It is a pain getting up a mountain road...especially in the dark! I'm glad you had such an awesome trip!

Jen said...

what a sweet picture! Oh and I love the story behind it! :)

Eli said...

Super cute pic!! Sounds like a romantic trip.

Lindsey said...

Aww thanks for the tag sweet friend! Love that pic!!