Monday, May 25, 2009

Friend Makin Monday

Hello Friends!!!
IT's
I am a little late today for Friend Making Monday. I had a day off from work today due to Memorial Day BUT I tagged along with the hubs for his work. I helped him out alot and we were able to get done quick. yay!

For those of you who do not know what this is ALL about, you can find out HERE.

This week over at ALL THAT IS GOOD, the question is: How did you and your significant other meet? and if you don't have a significant other at the moment then what would be your dream way to meet him?

**By the way...its Kasey's 7 year anniversary...Happy Anniversary Kasey!!!! I wish you many many more years!!!
(this above picture was taken on 12.27.06 on my cousin Tiffy's 15th Bday Dinner)
We both worked at the same company but had no idea. Or should I say, we saw each other around a few times but didn't know who we were. Well that same week, we went to a Christmas Lunch that our department was having at El Novillo in Miami Lakes. I got there first and went straight to the restroom to wash my hands...as I got back to my table, I noticed a "new" face. I quickly asked the girls who he was. He was the new one in our office. We sat directly in front of each other and we couldn't keep our eyes off of one another. He was talking the entire time with a co worker about me and I was talking about him to my friend/coworker about him. lol. We spoke the entire time of that lunch. It was love at first sight. So cliche...but seriously I thought he was amazing. The days passed by fast and on Friday of that week (12.15.06) my friends from work found a way for him to attend our companies Christmas party at the Rusty Pelican (since he was new, he wasn't included). The moment he arrived to the party he came up to our group and we didn't stop talking. From that moment on, we sat next to each other, danced the night away, talked years worth (lol) and took a ton of pictures together. When the party ended, we still wanted to hang out because it was still too early (12am) lol and so we went in our separate cars and drove to Lincoln Road Mall. We walked around and ended up sitting in a cute little restaurant/bar. We ordered some wine and didn't stop talking till the place closed down. It was so innocent yet sooo perfect!!! We even walked in the rain to our cars in slow motion, as if it wasn't raining.
So my friends....after our PERFECT first date/meeting we have been together ever since.
09.17.07 we got engaged
08.16.08 we got married
And we are now living happily ever after!!!!!
I LOVE YOU MR. JL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

How sweet and we share the same anniversary as you!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Awe, sweet story!

Kelli said...

Well aren't you two cute. What a sweet story. I love reading these.

Shawn said...

Ahhh Love at first sight! How sweet is that!

Unknown said...

What a sweet, wonderful love story! You guys are so cute together too.

Stopping by from FMM!

Eli said...

so cute!

Rhonda said...

What a great pic! Sweet..love at first sight....story! I think it's the first I've read that was like that! Thanks for sharing! Loved it!

Lindsey said...

Awww so sweet!!!

Mrs. J L said...

Thanks ladies!!!! :)

Kasey said...

Thank you for the Happy anniversary!

You and your husband are too cute together! I love the whole walked to your cars together in the rain in slow motion! How romantic! Thanks for always playing along! I am so thankful for all my friends!

Alicia said...

That is so awesome! The world would be a much better place of everyone's stories were like yours!