Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Enjoy Life

"Stop living life for what’s around the corner and start enjoying the walk down the street." -Grant L. Miller

Sparkpeople Translation: "When we become too goal centered it becomes easy to completely live in our vision of where we will be in the future without noticing the improvements that we have made in the present. The road to self-change is a long trip, and it is very important to realize what we are shooting for, but we need to make sure that we keep our head in the present so that we can begin enjoying the progress we’ve made to date. If your goal is to loose 40 pounds, then instead of waiting to lose 40 pounds to celebrate, enjoy the small victories and take advantage of your improved health now. This will also serve as motivation to continue striving for our aspirations. If we set ambitious goals then we need to enjoy the road to accomplishing those goals, because life might pass you buy if you are always planning for tomorrow without ever enjoying today."

Gym Update: Today is Day 2. I woke up just fine but man oh man...I am SORE! I stretch out all the time but today I did it a little bit longer. I decided to take it slower today since I was in so much pain. I walked 2.65 miles on the tredmill. My feet are killing me! When I took my sneakers off, sure enough I have a blister. Boo! When I put on my high heels, oh. MY. goodness. it HURT! As soon as I got into my office, I took my shoes off. I have my own office so no one will notice. I pray that my blister and pain GOES FAR FAR AWAY!!!!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow you are working out so hard, good for you! You are so rockin' it girl!!!

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

A phrase that my father always said to me...live for the moment. Great post!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Good job on the workout! Keep it up!

Mrs. J L said...

Thanks ladies! :)