The more semesters that go by...the more confused I have been as to what I want to do with my degree. I know...very weird. I can tell you this much, I want to work with kids. I love them! I think that they need more positive guidance and unfortunately, I believe that some parents need a little coaching. With that in mind, I spoke with my advisor who I find extremely educated and with lots of experience and he shed some light on me. The outcome...I came out of his office with a change in my degree. I am now going to get a DUAL Masters. Yeah..not one like most people do but TWO. I am going to do it on Mental Health Counseling (MHC) & School Counseling (SC). With my MHC license I can give therapy to children on an individual basis or as a family. I will be able to give therapy to marriages as well. AND...with my SC degree I can work in a school setting. I have never worked in a school setting but I can tell you this, I love their hours of work and all their perks. I think it will be convenient for when Mr. JL and I have kids of our own.
My schedule for Spring is going to be pretty hectic. I will be taking 4 classes. I will be taking 2 of those 4 online. The classes that I will taking online are Human Growth & Development and Career Development and Assessment. The other classes I will be taking will be Advanced Abnormal and Individual Assessment and Appraisal. I will definitely have my hands full. I heard my Advanced Abnormal class is difficult with a difficult professor but I CAN DO IT! :)
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Wow that is awesome. Good for you wanting to help and guide people. I always wanted to go into Christian counseling for abused women. After a semester in child psychology, i felt the call to be a teacher.
Good luck with everything and with your spring semester.
Post a Comment