Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Birthday Celebrations

WARNING: This post will be very loooong & it will contain many pictures.

Celebration #1: Mr. JL planned a family gathering at our home. Both of our families were there and it meant the world to me to have them all there. Even my grandma came, she doesn't like to drive anywhere that is too far for her because she gets scared she will get lost. She lives about 40 minutes away from me. So having her there, was awesome!!! Anyhow-the hubs did a great job of getting everyone there and preparing it all by himself. He decorated our entire backyard ALL by himself...he is the BEST!! I didn't get to take a picture of the before bc by the time the night unfolded, the kids kept messing with all the decoration so the pictures do not any justice to his hard work.

Three generations. My mom. Grandma. me.
The JL Family. Thank you honey! I love you soooo much!!!
28 candles.
Me & the kids...missing a couple of them in there.
My mommy, little brother, Johnny and me
Celebration #2: My Step father & I share a birthday. So....my mommy wanted to have a double date with us. No kids! lol. It was nice because we never get to go out alone. I love the kids but it's nice to have alone time with my parents and my husband. My mom wanted to go to Benihana, it is a Japanese restaurant and it is very yummy. We decided to go to the one near the beach and we picked a table with a view. It was definitely great times!

My mommy with her two birthday loves. me & my step dad.
I had a birthday drink. Mai Tai. Delicious!!! and the mug was the cutest thing ever..
my mommy & me...I love you MOM!!!!!
Mr. & Mrs. JL
Our chef. If you have never heard of this place before...the chef prepares your order right in front of you. At times, they will also do little tricks here and there for you. It's very entertaining and educational. I learned how to make some yummy food from there and I hope to try it out soon.
Us four and our Chef behind us.
My birthday dessert from Benihana. By the way....FYI...if you have a Benihana or Samurai near you, you can sign up to their birthday club and they will email you $30 gift card for your birthday to spend with them. My mom signed me up so I took full advantage. My meal was FREE!!!

us 4 again..
me and my dessert.

My special second dad, he means the world to me. I am truly blessed to have him in my life! I don't feel as though he is my STEP father but as if he is my other dad. He has always treated me as his daughter and I love him sooo much! I couldn't have shared my birthday with a more amazing person!

The beautiful flowers my hubby got with our Benihana picture on our dining table.
Celebration #3: On my REAL birthday 11.16 I had school till 9PM. My sister in law surprised me by coming over with the family & singing me happy birthday. She made me an awesome dessert, home made by her! And my nephews & niece bought it personally to me. It was such a special sweet moment.
Aren't they the cutest ever?!?!

Of course....One proud Titi Joey. That's what they call me.


Celebration #4: On Thursday, November 19th, we had bought tickets to Carlos Mencia. He is a hilarious comedian! AND...New Moon officially came out at midnight. Those were our plans with my long time friends Jessica & Oscar. I have been friends/ketchup sisters with her since I was 3 years old. 25 years of friendship!!!! We celebrated their 5th Wedding anniversary & Oscar and I both also share a birthday (well kinds off by a day) so we celebrated that as well. It was a GREAT night!!! We had dinner at Renegade at The Hard Rock, it was delicious! The show was hilarious! The movie was amazing!!!
Us four having dinner..
The hubs & I at the Show. We had floor seats..we were soooo close. Did I mention that I came out of there with my cheeks hurting so much from laughing THE ENTIRE time?!?! It was awesome!
Jess & I about to see New Moon. Our husbands were getting us popcorn while we saved our seats. It was filled to the max. but it was so worth it! It topped off our night. I couldn't have asked for a better night!
Celebration #5: My best friend, Indy planned me a birthday celebration with all of our close friends. We haven't all hung out with each other in at least a year. She planned a lunch at Chilis since they have great deals. It was a group of 20 of us. We had a fabulous time! And we came out of there with a future date for a friends park day. :)
My sweet husband and I
My best friend Indy and her hubby Russ.
My wonderful friend Karla and her boyfriends & I. I hadn't seen her since my wedding..I loove u my friend!!!
My other best friend Mo and her beautiful princess, Audrina Grace. I can not believe she is already 8 months! time flies
My girls. Years continue to pass by and all of you continue to be by my side. I love you ALL!!!
My friends. Thank you Lord for blessing me with such great friends! I have a picture like this of us from years ago minus the husbands, boyfriends, and babies. What a blessing to see our group grow!
Mr. JL with Audrina. He is a natural! This melts my heart every time I see it.
My beautiful God daughter got us matching bracelets. They are engraved with J heart K.
and of course...my beautiful sisters! Who are growing too fast. soon to be 17 and 18. WOW!!! I am getting old but I don't feel like it. :)

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a great time! The pictures are all great, loved them! And I loooove Benihanans, yummy!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Seriously, you are the most loved person. 5 celebrations? Amazing. Looks like the funnest birthday ever. Glad everything was so fun. You have the best smile ever!

Eli said...

5 celebrations?!?!? That's awesome. Very nice pictures, looks like you had a great time. Love your top in the last few pics.