Monday, March 23, 2009

Twilight

Confession:
I haven't read ANY of the Twilight books.
I have many friends who have tried to convince me to read them and I just really didn't care for it. Then I have friends who told me that IF you read the books and watch the movie..."you will hate it". They did offer me some advice. Watch the movie first. Then read the books if you are interested. That sounded fair enough. And thats exactly what I did. When the movie came out in theatres last year, the hubs and I almost went to see it BUT there were better movies playing. We watched those instead. It wasn't till this weekend that Twilight came out on PPV. I got so excited! Finally! I get to see what all the hype is all about and for FREE. lol. I tell my hubby that we had a few new movies on PPV BUT that the first one we are going to watch was Twilight. He agreed. We watched it. We loved it! We really got into it. And now guess what....I want to read the books. lol. I don't know if I am one of the few that loved the movie since I didn't read the books. I am kinda happy I didn't read any of them because we really enjoyed the movie. Now, I am looking forward to seeing why people loved the books versus the movie. I know that books tend to be more elaborate. I wonder all those scenes that cocurred but weren't in the movie. Can't wait!

This wkend we had our little get together on Friday. On Saturday we stayed in since it rained ALL day. We played some cards with our family. Watched some movies and just hung out. Yesterday we went over my moms for my Tio Pepito's Birthday. He turned 79. We played dominos. Ate some yummy food and then headed home.
Overall - Great wkend!!!!
Happy Monday to all of you!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

You sooo need to read the books! They are worth it. :)

beckylbranch said...

You NEED to read the books!!! I read all four in two weeks, just prepare you hubby before you start because they are addicting! :)