Friday, January 16, 2009

2008 in 31 questions

I know....I know....it's the end of the third week of January and I should have done this blog already but I have been busy. And I'm not one to pass up surveys. ;)

1.) What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
2008 was a year of firsts for us.
-get married to the love of my life
-have a bunch of fabulous parties in our honor (bridal shower, bachelorette, rehearsal)
-move out of my parents house for the first time EVER
-move in with my amazing husband!
-Go to Vegas with my hubby

2.) Did you keep your new year's resolutions and will you make more for the next year?
-I didn't really make any new year's resolution (I hardly do them) aside from saving money for our wedding. Which we did, thank God!

3.) Did anyone close to you give birth?
-No one gave birth in 2008 BUT one of my close friends got pregnant! We are very happy for them!

4.) Did anyone close to you die?
-Sadly, I would have to say yes to this question. My grandmother from my dad's side passed away on December 7th.

5.) What countries did you visit?
-No countries visited in 2008 BUT we have high hopes for '09!

6.) What would you like to have in '09 that you lacked in '08?
-an addition to our family

7.) What dates in '08 will remain etched in your memory and why?
-May 17th-our bridal shower because it was a fabulous memory.
- August 16th-our dream come true wedding.
-December 7th-my grandmother's death.

8.) What was your biggest personal achievement?
-I graduated with my Bachelors. Still have a longer road ahead of myself BUT one step at a time. -Planned our wedding, while working and in school.

9.) What was your biggest failure?
-Letting what other people (family & friends) do affect me.

10.) Did you suffer illness or injury?
-No. Thank God!

11.) What was the best thing you bought?
-my hubbys wedding ring and wedding gift (watch).
-all the new furniture in our home.
-our new TV's
-my hubby's PS3
-our new Garmin GPS
-among other little toys and gadgets.

12.) Who's behavior merited celebration?
-My husband! For being an amazing husband to me all around. For working so hard to get where we are today. He is simply amazing and he is ALL mine. How did I get so lucky?

13.) Who's behavior made you appalled or depressed?
-2 family members of mine that really let me down.

14.) Where did most of your money go?
-Wedding
-Honeymoon
-GAS
-groceries
-house stuff.

15.) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
-our beautiful wedding
-and some other stuff

16.) What song will always remind you of 2008?
-When God made you

17.) Compared to this time last year are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
-a) I am always a very happy person SO maybe even happier.
-b) the same
-c) Maybe a little richer.

18.) What do you wish you'd done more of?
-exercised more
-eaten healthier

19.) What do you wish you'd done less of?
-Spending less money on things that weren't important.

20.) Did you fall in love in 2008?
-I fall in love more and more as each day passes with my hubby.
-and I also fell in love with our new puppy, Johnny!

21.) What was your favorite TV program?
-One Tree Hill
-Grey's anatomy
-The Hills

22.) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
-No

23.) What was the best book you read?
-Didn't have time to read any in 2008. But I have a few lined up for this year.
-I did have time to read a bunch of bridal magazine though. lol.

24.) What were your greatest musical discoveries?
-There were a few last year that were pretty good. I can't remember at the moment.

25.) What did you want and get?
-my puppy
-the way we remodeled our home
-certain things in our wedding
-a topaz ring for my ring

26.) What did you want and not get?
-a DSLR cam but we are getting it this upcoming month. yay!
-a bigger house
-go to Italy but again these are all in our future plans.

27.) What was your favorite film of this year?
-too many, I can't just mention one.

28.) What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
-We went with my side of the family to the Keys for the weekend. Took the day off from work and spent it home cuddling with my hubby and doggie.
-I turned 27.

29.) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
-absolutely nothing...2008 was an amazing year all around!

30.) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
-very laid back

31.) What kept you sane?
-my husband
-my mom

No comments: