Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We're Married!!!!!

I know...I know...I have been SUPER lost! I never updated our blog after the wedding BUT we have been crazy busy.

Here we go for an EXTRA long post.........

Our rehearsal was on Friday, August 15th and everything turned out great. Everyone went and everyone was on time. The food was good and the everyone loved their gifts from us. That night I went with my sisters to the hotel where we we stayed the night before the wedding. We shared a king size bed for the last time, us 3 girls. We had fun, so much fun that we couldn't fall asleep. Poor Stephanie didn't stop playing with my hair until I fell asleep which was probably around 4:30am. Jose Luis didnt stop calling me saying that he was nervous and that he couldn't believe that we were getting married later that day.

FINALLY!!!! the next day, Saturday August 16th at 7:30am we woke up by the door knocking. Jose Luis had breakfast delivered to me at our hotel room. Along with that was a beautiful card and a gift from him. It was my earrings for the wedding, which by the way they were beautiful!!! So Steph and I sat there eating breakfast waiting for the rest of the bridal party girls to arrive and for Kassie to wake up. At about 11am the hair lady arrived and started doing the girls hair and then at 1pm the make up artist arrived and starting doing the makeup. The whole entire morning and afternoon I was VERY relaxed. It was really nice to have all my girls there with me on my most special day. The photgrapher arrived at 4pm and started to take pictures of us getting pretty and thats when my nervous started to go crazy. lol.

At exactly 7:15pm my father and I arrived at the church, I was an emotional mess but I was trying so hard not to cry & I didn't. Right when I got out of the R.R. it was time for my father to walk me down the aisle. I barely had anytime to breathe in and out and relax...lol. It all happened so fast! I couldn't believe it when I was standing right next to Jose Luis and our parents were giving us away. We were holding each others hands very tight and we were both were emotional. The ceremony was beautiful, the music was amazing and eveything was perfect. The church was packed and everyone was on time (just like we wanted)! The pastor pronounced us husband and wife, we kissed and as we are walking down the aisle...I tell Jose Luis, "We didn't do the arras". Ah man, I got so sad bc I really wanted the arras in our ceremony but we couldn't do anything about it so whatever...

At about 9ish we arrive to FIU and everyone was already there enjoying the cocktail hour. Our driver who was awesome by the way went inside and got us some appetizers and a few drinks. The honey glazed meatballs were AWESOME!!! Jose Luis said that the sushi was really good too. Most of our guests had problems with finding their tables bc they wanted closer tables so that created a mess but my mommy went inside and fixed that problem for me. My mommy to the rescue! :)

The bridal party was introduced with "Lets Get Ready to Rumbo" and they had fun walking in all crazy. We were introduced and walked in with a Disney theme princess entrance from "The Father of the Bride". It was so magical! I really felt like a princess and I was with my prince! It was amazing! That was the first time I got to see everything put together...all my hard work for the past 11 months and it was EVERYTHING I thought it would be. My centerpieces were just so elegant & chic, our cake was so delicious and so amazingly beautiful, the food was DELICIOUS, the dj played fabulous music which had our dance floor packed (just how we wanted). Everything was just has we had dreamed it would be and we are truly greatful that everyone went and that everything went as planned. Like the saying goes, nothing is perfect but to me our wedding was perfect!

After the wedding we went back to the hotel, opened our gifts and read ALL of our cards. We stayed up for a little while and then we past out.

The next day, Sunday August 17th we got ready and my mommy along w Steph came with breakfast for us and picked us up to go to the airport.

I think thats it for this post....I will post some pics from the wedding in parts and I will give reviews to all my vendors for any of your future parties as wel as information and raves from our honeymoon.

XOXO,

The Mr. & The Mrs.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yay you are back!!! Post pictures soon! I want to hear more! Congrats girl!!!

karenb said...

Hi!..its me Karen..(futureb)..great to have you back!!